Monday 26 November 2012

Housing Co-ops coming home to roost

My first paid role as an advisor was working as a Housing Co-operative Development Worker back in 1998.  The wheel seems to has turned full circle as I am currently working with a number of Housing Co-operative initiatives.  I am working with 2 new Housing Co-ops for Olmec Co-operative CIC who themselves are sub-contracted to deliver the support for the Co-operative Enterprise Hub.  One is based on water!  I have also just started a piece of work through my co-op Co-operantics with a well established Housing Co-op to review and improve their governance system.  As an associate of CAN I am assisting the fledgling Housing Development Co-operative which aims to address some of the systemic barriers to the development of co-operative housing.  When you add to that conversations with the Wales Co-operative Centre about support for housing co-ops it seems like Housing Co-ops are flavour of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment