Sustainability has multiple meanings:
- businesses being sustainable in economic terms (i.e. ensuring you generate sufficient profits to reinvest, planning for growth that is sustainable)
- co-ops being sustainable in the way they manage themselves (e.g. delivering sufficient member benefit to retain members in your co-op, taking advantage of non-hierarchical management to be reduce management time)
- environmental sustainability (e.g. the way our business processes use energy, water and other natural resources)
- Could you be working together with other co-operatives to improve your sustainability?
- Are you looking for opportunities to share transport, premises or other costs with other co-ops?