Tuesday 3 July 2018

Student Eats - Growth for sustainable food enterprises

I was really pleased to be able to support the Student Eats programme at their residential in Leeds as an adviser on the Our Bright Future programme during June.  My main delivered content focused on 2 main issues:
  1. Issues to consider for enterprises scaling up, different models and approaches
  2. Legal structures used by social enterprises, amd the impact of trading on charities
During the afternoon I was able to sit down and provide one to one surgery advice to each of the 9 student enterprises present - from growing groups and veg bag schemes to picklers & preservers and apple juice producers.

The informal feedback was that they really valued my help, and felt it was really useful in developing their business plans.  I felt privileged to be able to work with young people who are focused on saving the planet not destroying it!

The follow up guidance that I drafted on how to develop marketing strategies and marketing materials will hopeully help the student enterprises move to the next stage of their development.

No comments:

Post a Comment